Version 1.23.1 has been released. It’s primarily a bug-fix release, but it also manages to implement support for fog effects.
Version 1.23 of Vavoom has been releases today. It’s been quite some time since last release, but finally it’s here. Changes in this release:
- Implemented support for model definition files. It uses XML format, but it’s quite simple.
- Finally added back dehacked support to the engine.
- Implemented support for TARRAIN script.
- Implemented support for LOADACS script.
- Rewrote the whole game network protocol. it’s now more advanced and makes it easier to write network game code.
- Fixed wrong wad markers for high-resolution textures.
- Implemented switching of the game language.
- Added some new features to the VavoomC language such as restricted class types, access of default values of an object or class, C# style properties.
- Multiple bug fixes and improvements.