Version 1.23.1 has been released. It’s primarily a bug-fix release, but it also manages to implement support for fog effects.
Month: May 2007
Version 1.23 of Vavoom has been releases today. It’s been quite some time since last release, but finally it’s here. Changes in this release:
- Implemented support for model definition files. It uses XML format, but it’s quite simple.
- Finally added back dehacked support to the engine.
- Implemented support for TARRAIN script.
- Implemented support for LOADACS script.
- Rewrote the whole game network protocol. it’s now more advanced and makes it easier to write network game code.
- Fixed wrong wad markers for high-resolution textures.
- Implemented switching of the game language.
- Added some new features to the VavoomC language such as restricted class types, access of default values of an object or class, C# style properties.
- Multiple bug fixes and improvements.