As I wrote on post #3, in the link you provided I can find only Windows binaries.
I'm not using Windows, I'm using FreeBSD.
I've submitted a patch to update the vavoom port from version 1.30 to 1.32.
Actually the last 3 or 4 patches to keep the port working in FreeBSD has been submitted by me.
Then in 1.32 I've found the problem with the doors.
Luckily the patch has not been committed yet.
For some technical reasons, mainly because the FreeBSD port needs a downloadable source tarball, which AFAIK is not available for the latest svn revision (unless I create it and host it somewhere), I'm interested in fixing the problem in 1.32.
All I've asked is if you can kindly "give me a blessing" about the patch in post #4 or suggest something else.
In that case, well, I will be happy to reflect that in the FreeBSD port.